|"The story of GAC is truly the story of God taking a group of ordinary people with not much more than a dream and using them to build an extraordinary house more wonderful than their dreams.”
Greater Atlanta Christian School was started with generous donations from Christians throughout the region and has flourished because of the faithfulness of many. God blessed those early efforts and continued support from families who believed in Christian education. Today, GAC is able to provide a quality education to over 1,800 students in a dynamic Christian environment. Tuition covers approximately 80-90% of the cost of educating a student at GAC. It does not cover the construction of new buildings and the development of new programs. Additional funding is sought from friends, parents, grandparents, alumni, and foundations, generosity and faithfulness is in the fabric of our history, and continues to be a blessing to GAC.
Jesse Long was appointed President of GAC in 1963, where he served for 38 years until 1998 when he became Chancellor of GACS. If the school was going to become a reality, the funds for property, equipment, and operations were going to be needed. God blessed the efforts of Jesse and other early leaders, and they raised $400,000 from 1,400 families. In December 1967 they broke ground on the new Christian school. We honor Jesse with the naming of this legacy of leadership group.
The Jesse Long Society, established in 2009, recognizes those individuals who support the GAC Annual Fund with leadership level gifts, that set the pace for giving at the school. These gifts are key for setting an example of generosity for our entire community, and are vitally important to support mission-critical programs at GAC.
The Jesse Long Society recognizes all donors who annually contribute a tax-deductible, charitable gift of $2,500 or more to Greater Atlanta Christian School’s Annual Fund. Matching gifts count as part of an individual’s donation.
$10,000 and above
$5,000 - $9,999
$2,500 - $4,999
More than a recognition society, Jesse Long Society donors provide a lasting legacy for GAC. As a Jesse Long Society member, you will receive:
- All Access Pass for entry to all home, regular season athletic events and Fine Arts programs
- Two seats in our reserved section for regular season home Football games, including one parking pass per game (tickets and parking passes are nontransferable)
- Plus all benefits of Founders Circle
- Opportunity to purchase pre-sale tickets to the Spring Musical before the general public
- Mid-school year “State of GAC” breakfast & discussion with Dr. David Fincher
- Plus all benefits of Wisdom & Stature Circle
To join in the Jesse Long Society, please click on either of the buttons on the left to pledge or donate now.
- Invitation to the annual GAC Appreciation Event
- Invitation to one Football pregame tailgate dinner
- Lunch with Dr. David Fincher and/or your student’s principal (Choose one from multiple dates offered)
Should you have any questions please contact Heni Jordan at firstname.lastname@example.org or feel free to call at (770) 243-2209.