All students who attend the Early Childhood Village at GAC and are enrolled in Creative Movement, Pre-Ballet (K4), or Introduction to Ballet (K5 and K6) will be picked up from their classroom in the Village by the School of Ballet director and taken to their dance class. Parents will need to pick up their child from the Bradford Center when their class is over.
GAC policy states that an adult must accompany all elementary students on campus after school. If your elementary child is registered for a dance class, an adult must accompany them to their dance class.
Parents have the following options:
- Pick up their child and bring them to dance class
- Use the Ballet Shuttle Service which is offered through the School of Ballet for an additional charge.
- Attend Encore Kids on a full-time or part-time basis. If your child attends Encore Kids on a part-time basis, an additional fee will be incurred by Encore Kids.
Ballet Shuttle Service: The School of Ballet offers a shuttle service for an additional charge based on a year commitment only. Upon dismissal from school, students will be escorted to the cafeteria to eat a snack brought from home and transported to the Bradford Center Dressing Room to change for dance class. The shuttle service is available for the following classes only: Ballet 1, Ballet 2, Ballet 3, Ballet 4, Jazz 1, Jazz 4, and Elementary Tap.
Encore Kids: The GAC School of Ballet works directly with Encore Kids in getting your child to class and returning them to Encore Kids following their class. If your child’s dance class begins later, for example 4:30 pm, you may want to consider enrolling them in Encore Kids until their dance class begins.
View and download the class-specific dress code.
All students are required to attend classes wearing the appropriate dance attire. Students that arrive without their dance attire will only be allowed to watch the class. However, keeping in mind that we all make mistakes, students will be allowed ONE free time to dance in street clothes. We highly recommended labeling all clothing and shoes with your child's name or initials. Cherry Hill Designs, located on the Etsy website, offers great products that make it possible to label virtually everything. Of course, a Sharpie pen, works just as well.
Some children have a hard time adjusting and settling in when they arrive late, or have had a sugary snack before dance. Please help us provide the best possible experience for your kids by arriving on time and providing a healthy snack instead of candy and soda.
Excellent after school snack ideas include:
A bottle of water with:
- A whole-grain bagel with peanut butter and a box of milk or soy milk
- Celery Sticks with peanut butter and raisins
- An apple and some whole wheat crackers with string cheese Trail Mix that excludes sugar (like chocolate chips)
- Granola Bars with a box of milk or soy milk
- Clif Bars for Kids with a box of milk or soy milk
- Cashews and craisins